One morning about 5 years ago I woke up with a very slight almost imaginary headache. For the first hour or two I didn’t give it much attention. Being a mom, the mornings can be one of my busiest ” time slots ” of the day. Getting everyone up for school, packing lunches, letting the dogs out, making coffee, putting in a load of washing, getting myself ready, letting the dogs back in, making sure everyone has eaten breakfast, making sure everyone has their school stuff, getting the kids out the door for the bus and almost forgetting to drink my own coffee. I eventually head out the door to see my first client. Half way there I became more aware of this ” now not so imaginary ” headache. Obviously I did not have anything with me to take for it, there and then. I knew by the time I’ll get back home it would feel like my head was going to explode, my eyes would feel like they want to fall out of their sockets, and my cheek bones would feel like I just finished ten rounds with Mike Tyson in the ring.
I am sure many can relate to my story. Sinus headache and pressure can literally come out of no where, catching you completely off guard and ” hitting ” you right between the eyes ! I have put together two natural remedies for sinus headache and pressure that have since helped me with this inconceivable pain. Natural sinus remedies I have tried, tested and used many times over.
Give Sinus the Boot
To make this tea it will take you no longer that 15min and can be enjoyed up to three times per day. What you would need is:
- 2 cups of water – ( Hydrating )
- 4 thick slices of fresh lemon – ( Antioxidant , VitC – Immune boosting )
- 6 tbls of Apple Cider Vinegar – ( Thins out mucus, relieving congestion & sinus pressure )
- 2 tsps of Grated Ginger Root – ( Anti inflammatory & Antioxidant )
- 1 bag of Rooibos/Redbush Herbal tea or Green Tea ( which ever you prefer ) – ( Anti-Inflammatory & Immune boosting )
- 2 Drops of Oregano Oil ( food grade ) – ( Anti-Viral, Anti-Bacterial, thins mucus & open nasal passages )
- 2 Drops of Peppermint oil ( food grade ) – ( fights bacteria, opens nasal passage & clear mucus )
In a small pot over medium heat add water, lemon slices, apple cider vinegar, ginger root and Herbal tea bag.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10min.
- Add Oregano oil & Peppermint oil to mixture
- Strain and pour the tea.
- Enjoy while still warm
This mixture should give you at least two cups of tea.
On the Go Sinus Remedy
The following mixture of essential oils must always be mixed with a carrier oil ( such as Jojoba ). Never apply pure essential oils directly to the skin.
- 4 Drops Peppermint Essential oil
- 4 Drops Lavender Essential oil ( calming properties )
- 4 Drops Eucalyptus Essential oil
- 4 Drops Lemon Essential oil
- 4 Drops Copaiba Essential oil
- 10 ml roller ball bottle or 10ml glass bottle that can seal well.
- Carrier oil ( jojoba, Grapeseed ) which ever you prefer.
Pour carrier oil into bottle. Add all essential oils listed above. Shake & mix oils well. And you ready to go.
This little bottle of Sinus relief can be your ” go – to ” while being ” on the go”. Leave a bottle in your hand bag, this way you will always be ready for when its needed. It can also make for a great gift for a friend or relative. The combination of the oils give the most amazing smell, pack with all the benefits. The same mixture can be used in a relaxing bath.
Things to remember
While using either one or both of the Natural remedies for sinus headache and pressure I have shared with you, it is always important to remember a few key elements.
- Drink plenty of water. Being sufficiently hydrated will assist in relieving symptoms of congestion
- Eat healthy
- Avoid Dairy, and processed foods ( including chocolates )
- Avoid cold drinks or food directly for the refrigerator ( including chilled water ) – this will cause inflammation and will increase your allergic reaction.
- Try to stay away from sugar ( as much as you can ) – it hampers with the immune system.
Seeing that these two natural remedies are so quick and easy to put together, not to mention all the great benefits it offers. I`m sure you will give it a try and feel the relief for yourself.
Until next time